School starts

By Lenson Sim On Monday, March 17, 2008 At 4:37 PM

The March holidays has officially ended. Time really flies, it was one week ago and I just left Sentosa and having my lunch. A week later and school has started already. Nothing spectacular happened during this one week of break.

I went to Funan for the inter-school gaming competition. Minghui called me at a last minute time at 10.30am and told me to reach Funan by 11am for the competition. But he called Kenneth too, see who reaches first shall play for HIHS. But sadly Kenneth reached first because I left house at 10.55. =X Rushed there in a taxi in 15 minutes but the game had just started by the time I had reached. Never mind about not being to play. I watched them play 4 on 4 against a school who wears green uniform (I don't know the school's name). Since only one of them knew how to play that game, they lost badly. Won 1 out of 10 matches. Oh, by the way, the game was Gears of War and the representatives of HIHS were Minghui, Kenneth, Li Ming and Mr Chang. Went home with Kenneth after lunch.

Went out with Alvin, Uncle Zhi Ming and another girl on Friday. Alvin asked me along to take photos for some photography competitions. Went around Hougang and Punggol. The Nativity Church, Fu Guang temple, punggol end, Morning Star Centre and school. Some photos were great but some were awful. Such things always happen. We went to school because Alvin wanted to take pictures of the inter uniform group camp. Went around school to take pictures of the various uniform groups. Some pictures, no pictures of people to prevent conflicts.

 

DSC_9912

DSC_9908

DSC_9973

Photographers!

DSC_9964

My angle of the butterfly.

DSC_9977

They're snails, not shells.

DSC_9951

DSC_9927

DSC_9982

DSC_0139

DSC_9929 

DSC_9926 DSC_9846

Saturday. Woke up later than usual, because of a later night than usual. Then went to Sim Lim Square with my brother after lunch to get a new processor and graphic card for my ageing PC. =) Walked around SLS and bought a processor. My brother didn't like that place because it's like a digital wet market where so many people are giving our brochures and touting for business. I didn't like such places unless I'm getting something that I want. Headed to HGM challenger and bought a new graphic card, 8600 GT. It's not very good compared to the best graphic hardware but it's already sufficient for my usage.

Then met Alvin at 6.30 and walked to Morning Star Centre to photograph the celebration of their 8th anniversary. It was a great experience with so many children and parents playing games together. I seldom see or go to such events. I even had free dinner (: Took photos until about 9.30 then went home.

Sunday. Earrrrrrrrly day! I thought I would be able to sleep longer for the last day of  school holiday but my sleep was ruined by waking up early for band performance which started at 8am. Had McDonalds for breakfast before the performance. Went home for awhile after the performance before going to Singapore Expo for the talk by George Yeo about the Youth for Peace Interfaith Symposium. About 4000 people from various countries, religions and races came together in the big hall for the event. It was nice la, quite encouraging talk by the minister of foreign affairs and other representatives. You can read The Straits Times, Home section, Page 6 for a short review of the event. Dinner in hougang mall before going home.

School starts today, means work will start piling higher and higher. Luckily this week is short because of Good Friday and I'll be in Bintan unwinding from the four day stress in school. Heehee :D

for this post

Leave a Reply