A week
Blogging has been like a weekly basis for me already. I'm not lazy, nor am I busy to blog. I just feel like writing everything in a single post.
Everything has been going on as usual lately. I passed my Additional Maths diagnostic test, which means that I could continue taking A Maths. I think the credit goes to my cousin who helped me out a little during the holidays. The marks were not revealed, so I only know that I passed it but don't know my marks. Anyhow, I hope that it wasn't a just-pass grade.
More chemistry practical lessons! I love practical lessons, I detest mundane teacher-talking lessons. Chemicals are fun to play around, especially those which give us colours like orange, yellow or green. Colourless chemicals are boring. But it's still fun pouring them from one test tube to another.
I brought my laptop to school on Wednesday. We surfed the web using the LAN cable in class, went to MSN and projected it on the whiteboard. Watched some funny videos on youtube also. Oh, and I saw this bicycle which could filter a normal non-drinking water into a distilled drinking water. It is the mobile filtration vehicle. Rather cool invention. Cheers!
This is another nice technology
Lastly, for the physic wonders.
English lesson was as interesting as before, maybe because of our teacher. Her lessons are always interesting. We were supposed to write a composition about whether setting aside space land for nature reserves is a wise choice. She diligently copied down all the mistakes of some pupils, which there were a few really funny ones. She also said some things which were rubbish but makes sense.
Like "The government shouldn't waste money by building housing estates for the newer population because they will die one day." and "We shouldn't eat because whatever consumed will turn out to be faeces."
Got back our English test too. Scored 36/50 marks. And it seems like the person who topped in English last year was not the highest this time.
Teach Less Learn More. A few of us had a chat with Mrs Goh at the canteen. She told us some testimonies like some students who were the bad ones in the past were now in university because they worked hard. We then talked about the TTLM method which was the teacher is supposed to teach less and the students will learn more. But if the teacher doesn't teach the basics how can the student learn? If the students don't want to learn the basics then TTLM will become TNLN - Teach Nothing Learn Nothing.
So we shouldn't stay back for remedial lessons so that we can learn more by ourselves. =) Oh, remedial doesn't sound good. Enrichment lessons sound better.
Lunch with Ivan at Cafe Cartel today. He wanted to go to Hougang Mall to develop some photos taken with his new DSLR, Canon 400D. After developing we had our lunch at TCC. I tried the St. Louis Pork Ribs. It is claimed to be one of the world's top 100 best meat. Then went home after that. Had my violin lesson in the evening.
Hope something interesting can happen because it seems boring with the same routine everyday. If only school could be more interesting.
for this post
Leave a Reply