Changi Airport

By Lenson Sim On Saturday, January 12, 2008 At 9:34 PM

I went for theory lesson this morning. Then some kind of renovation started so early in the morning! I don't know what new company just shifted into the unit beside the one I was in. The drilling would just come and go at every few seconds interval. My teacher had to pause every time the drilling comes. Lesson ended at 11am, then went home for lunch.

Went out to Changi Airport at 4pm to welcome my aunt back from Tokyo. The flight was delayed because of the extremely bad weather. At least they landed safely. The delay was about 20 minutes or longer.

It is nearly a decade since I've been to terminal one. I don't go there because I don't take other airlines. Except for once when I took Qantas to Australia. I only take Singapore Airlines which operates in terminal two and three. So terminal 1 was like a new place where I had little impression of. It looks nice but smaller than the other two terminals.

Then my family went to terminal 3 for our dinner, while my cousins went home. This is the second time I went to terminal 3. It looks much bigger and brighter. It may sound so good but I will say that terminal 3 didn't prove it's goodness to me today.

There are very few restaurants there. And the kopitiam is so crowded that I didn't want to eat there. So we decided to walk around to look for something to eat. Nothing appealed us, so we ended up in that kopitiam again. I walked around and ordered zaru soba. The worst of the worst happened. The entire kopitiam's power got cut off. Everybody went *Boooo*. Lucky my food was cold so they don't need to cook. Nobody solved the problem for almost half an hour.

We went home after dinner. And the carpark was so jammed up which no cars can move at all. This is the first carpark jam I've experienced. After 15 minutes, the traffic smoothen a little. Finally at the barrier, the card reader or sensor spoilt or wasn't functioning properly. Waited for another 20 minutes before a furious driver wearing the 'First to fly the A380' shirt from the back walk all the way to the front and scolded the officer through the intercom machine.

His voice was easily audible through the enclosed car. Soon the engineer came and he screamed at him all the way and demanded him to leave the barriers open. What can the engineer do but follow his 'orders'?

Terminal 3 ought to do something to all these problems.

for this post

Leave a Reply