Lens!

By Lenson Sim On Sunday, August 10, 2008 At 9:32 PM

Today wasn't really interesting, not for the day though. I love the evening. =D

Spent the whole morning and afternoon at home. Revision, piano, eat, house keeping, TV, sleep. =/ That's about all I did. Then slept from 2.30 to about 4 when my dad called and asked whether I wanted to follow him to Expo for the Harvey Norman sale. There was a 'Hottest 10' Nikon Sale on also and he thought that there would be the lens that I wanted there. He picked me up then drove there, spent quite a long time looking for a lot. Then all they had in the Nikon booth were some pathetic compact cameras. My mood was spoilt. Argh.

NIKKOR_PROMO

This is the 'Hottest 10' sale. =D You can click on it if you're a Nikon user and you may want tot consider buying one of the lenses. =D

The supposedly 'enlarged' picture became smaller. I have no idea why too. =/ Click here for a better view.

So I told him to go to the courts nearby at Tampines. He agreed and there they had, the lens I wanted badly. The 70-200mm VR f/2.8 lens. Sadly but there wasn't any new sets and I had to place an order and wait for the stock to come in, since it was a made to order kind of lens. But the salesman said that the display set could be bought too. My dad was reluctant at first because there wasn't any special price for the display set. But I told him I needed the lens for Tapestry next weekend, and couldn't wait to get the lens. Bingo! And he bought it for me. =DDD Thanks lots!

IMAG0057

Taken using my phone camera. xD

Hunted around for a dry cabinet to maintain my camera equipments, and finally saw a suitable one for my room. But it'll be coming only next week.

We went to the Changi Beach Walk after getting my new lens. This was the second time going there since the previous trip. The only difference was that I had my own DSLR and equipments. Best of all, I had my new lens! =D

Took some pictures with my new lens, and of course with my old lens as well. The sunset was surprisingly nice, rather unexpected.

DSC_5496

Boeing 777! =D

DSC_5521

I love Singapore Airlines okay!

DSC_5526

The folks fishing like how they're spending their time in the past.

DSC_5525

Panning! Not really visible though. =/

DSC_5507

DSC_5499

Sunset! =D

DSC_5511 

Okay that's all for the photos. Went to the nearby hawker centre for dinner before going home. ;D

for this post

Leave a Reply