Second!

By Lenson Sim On Thursday, July 24, 2008 At 9:06 PM

/*Updated with video*/

Alrights. There was the I Want To Be A Star competition performance again today. It was like so long after the first round which was on the first week of term 3. And it was four weeks after that then we could receive our prizes. I had long awaited for this day to come. Four weeks of waiting! =/ All three top finalists teams had their fates decided today!

So this morning I went to school early to set up our instruments in the hall. I carried all the instruments to the hall first and waited for Ryan and Minghui there. Then went backstage to tune our instruments, set up stands, mics etc. Practiced unplugged to get the feel right before performing in front of the 1600 people in the hall. After that Lyekit and Pinhan came to look for us, talked for awhile. Supposedly should talk to the three of us, but they were so shy, like dare not come close to us, but ask me to go to them and talk. -.- So end up I talked to them alone. Then the usual flag raising procedures before the curtains reveal hotshoe!

We prepared three songs all together because we thought that we may be able to have the time to play all three. To our disappointment only three minutes were given to each team. That left us with just View From Heaven, which is also our best song so far. The rest of the songs were not up to the best standard yet.

Results:

  • 1st - Beatboxer (Chitmin)
  • 2nd - Band (Hotshoe!)
  • 3rd - Dancers (B-Boys)

Congratulations to all three teams who won! =D

Went back home after performance. Played the piano for a while and practiced violin before my exam. Violin exam started at 2pm. I wasn't really nervous, for the first time. =D Songs went quite well, but the sight reading was terrible. 6 flats passage with third position and plenty of dynamic changes! But I managed to clear it just okay. Passing the exam would be easy but getting a distinction may require some luck there. =D

Went back home and chatted on MSN while playing the piano. The laptop was on a chair beside me so I can chat while playing, not simultaneously but it's better than going to and fro from my room to the piano. Webcam-ed Ryan and voice called Pinhan. Really fun cos Ryan's webcam gave some really funny pictures when we paused his webcam. So we just laughed and laughed non-stop.

BLA

Look at his face! =X And my webcam frame looks gay I know. We were just trying out some fun things on our webcams and MSN.

for this post

Leave a Reply