Singapore's a year older!

By Lenson Sim On Saturday, August 9, 2008 At 8:56 PM

Woke up later than usual. I don't know why too. =X

Then Ryan came over to my house at around 11am, played Battlefield 2142 for a while before my aunt came over and picked us up and went to park at her office. And we walked all the way to Capital Square and looked for this restaurant called The Sail, which we settled there for lunch. Nice food I could say, with free flow of three different soups and bread.

After lunch, my aunt went back to her office with my cousin as they didn't want to walk around the business district with Ryan and I under the scorching sun. Summer sun is really terrible. But the walk was fun, like we went to places that we've never been to before and took plenty of photos that my card wasn't able to hold much more. So we walked to Funan and I bought another SD card there. =D The human traffic was starting to build up by then, around 4.30pm. We didn't want to get involved in the stampede so we bought a drink from TCC and walked back to my aunt's office. I don't feel like typing so I shall not say much in words, cause pictures are easier to elaborate.

In chronological order:

DSC_4991

DSC_4999

This was before lunch when we went up to my aunts office to put our things down. Spectacular view isn't it!

DSC_4996

But there were reflections on the glass which spoilt the pictures a little. =/ See a shoe there?

DSC_5241

Stairs!

DSC_5010

Garlic!

DSC_5017

The summer sun hated by the Singaporeans, but loved by the Caucasians.

DSC_5023

Photographing the photographer!

DSC_5030

Skinny us! =P

DSC_5037

I think this cool mirror ceiling is from a building of a Malaysian company.

DSC_5047

Looks like deco outside the Esplanade? NO! It's outside Capital Tower.

DSC_5049

I know this flower shows no significance. But it is still nice. =D

DSC_5052

DSC_5057

Taken in a train station because I need to find a washroom. xD But the male's toilet was closed for washing -.-

DSC_5064

DSC_5063

Koi's! (:

DSC_5068

DSC_5096

DSC_5102

DSC_5103

These were taken on don't know where. Surprisingly there was a humongous ant tunnel in the ferns. Ask me if you want to see how huge the ant nest was. Some people will be freaked out by the creepy crawlies.

DSC_5112

DSC_5120

DSC_5117

This temple is opened for religious practices as well as for tourists.

Then we walked and walked. Nothing much to say about walking. Only the pictures can show. =D The following are pictures of the buildings in CBD.

DSC_5189

DSC_5221

DSC_5179

DSC_5176

DSC_5150

DSC_5199

DSC_5237

This is the aerial view from dusk for night.

DSC_5359

DSC_5329

DSC_5324

That's the sunset in Singapore. Looks like a third world country to me. xP

Sad thing I couldn't take good shots of the Black Knights performances. Neither did I had a chance to take the flag fly pass. So only the fireworks turned out well. But taking fireworks on a windless night isn't good. See the amount of smoke as the fireworks are released one by one.

DSC_5382

DSC_5384

DSC_5389

DSC_5406

DSC_5405

DSC_5426

DSC_5418

DSC_5433

I did take a lot of the fireworks, so I just randomly select some and post here. :D

That pretty much concludes everything. We had some food and watched TV with all the colleagues and their family there. So it was like kind of a mini party there. Only that it was kept under control because it was an office after all.

for this post

Leave a Reply