I Want To Be A Star.

By Lenson Sim On Monday, June 30, 2008 At 5:04 PM

Hello all. :D The first week of term one has passed so quickly. First three days of school was fun because lessons were not in the stress mood yet, and Hotshoe was practicing for our competition. And managed to get into the top three. Then the other two school days were spent in the drama centre in the National Library. Approximately 12 hours each. With an additional 12 hours on Saturday, its about 36 hours in library premises! That's the longest time I've ever stayed in the library in three days.

Time wasn't at all wasted there because I had lots of fun, of course with my photography team (Minghui, Ryan, Ivan, Alvin, View Meng and me) and the rest of the casts and crews. The first day in the drama centre was not much of rehearsals because the light and sound team were setting up everything on the technical side. So the casts had lots of free time. Then we (photography team) and Mr Yeo went down to Hans for a short tea break, where I had my iced Mocha and a brownie. We said several jokes and I gave this super sarcastic laugh which it like, "HA. HA. HA." I didn't know that it was so great that it could start off the filming of a short film called The Great Search for Alvin.

I shouldn't talk too much about the filming process but it sure made me made new friends. Lol, because we look like a bunch of stupid students going around the backstage area with a teacher filming this stupid show. We sort of went around to ask people if they had seen Alvin, and the best of it all was that everything were impromptu, so everybody's reactions were natural and real. I will compile the video together when I'm free and post it at a later time.

Three whole days there made us really sick of the packet lunches and dinners. It went to the extent that we went down to Hans several times to have our meals. Coffee too, because I got really tired when it passes 12 noon. Double espresso really perks my mood and sleepiness. And other than just taking photos of people and videoing our short film, we went around interviewing selected people on their opinions on the musical. And I also got to take a look at how the light crew worked at the top of the stage, where they had follow-spots, top-down spot lights, etc. It was really some kind of experience that I've never seen before.

Minghui, Ryan and I who were under Mr Yeo called ourselves Team Kakashi because we were supposed to be Team Raymond but I saw this Kakashi keychain on Mr Yeo's tag and called us Team Kakashi. If you had watched Naruto, you'll know the three members in the team. Minghui is Sakura, Ryan Naruto and I am Sasuke.

1026967976_4056ff45c5

It should turn out like this. 

IMG_0187

But it didn't turn out correctly. Hahaha. =D And we were also known as hotshoe (because of the competition) by quite a number of people and they recognised us as the sexy photographers plus musicians. Then we went around introducing to those who don't know us as the Hotshoe. Maybe we're just so bored. =X

IMG_0288

Hotshoe! (: + Mr Yeo

Team Kakashi also went around to make people laugh. During lunch, dinner, resting time and even just walking around the backstage area. It made many people laughed and we sort of like gained some infamous reputation. I don't know what's the cause of my ulcer on the second day but Ryan said that it may be due to excess laughter. =/ I still did quite a lot of things there but I'm just lazy to type everything.

The actual performance was a success, other than the minor faults with the microphones. Good comments from quite many people. Well done casts and the crew team! :D I cannot describe the musical here, so you'll have to watch it yourself but I think it is a little too late if you haven't caught it. The three days there have been rather interesting because everybody were fun people who laughed and joined us in our laughing spree. I guess I'll be missing the life at the backstage of drama centre for a while before getting into the mood of studying.

Pictures will be posted in the hi musical blog soon, so you can visit it anytime during this week for updates of the pictures!

for this post

Leave a Reply