Leaving in a few days time

By Lenson Sim On Saturday, December 15, 2007 At 11:20 PM

Good day!

Today, I had theory lesson in the morning as usual. Lunch at home, packed some of my things for the trip, did a maths practice. Then met Muchen and Huiqin at hougang station before going to victoria concert hall. Dinner was at BK in Raffles City. Then Felicia came, looks like a last minute decision to go for the Sinfonietta concert. Bought for them B&J's ice cream, and strolled to Victoria Concert Hall. There were so many people there already! I think those who went were just supporters of the performers who shouted their names like mad. Anyway, the concert was great. However, it seems a little informal and a little unprofessional. As in they took a long time to get ready for the next piece. But the overall was nice, especially the theme The Phantom of The Opera. There were people acting in the foreground when the band is playing the music. The concert ended at 9.30pm, then we went home.

I went out to buy the essentials that I've not bought for my Europe trip for the past few days. Stuffs like, pull-overs, sweaters, jeans, shawl, winter shoes, socks, and most importantly, the currencies. This is rather a last minute shopping. I should have started packing already, but not yet.

Met up with my mother at Plaza Singapura first and looked around for the winter shoes. Ended up in Columbia Sports. Went for dinner after buying then walked with my brother to look at grand pianos. I want a baby grand piano for my house so badly! My piano at home is antique already, and a good and new piano is necessary for me because I'm performing duet with my brother in next year's concert. I don't think my old piano can give me a good practice. I shall not ask for that piano too soon as a lot of money have already been spent on the holiday.

Anyway, met up with my cousins after admiring the grand pianos. They had to buy their winter wear too. I hope that they will be able to insulate themselves in Europe because they already felt cold in the 22°C shopping centre! The last thing was to change currencies so that I can survive in another country which doesn't accept SGD. Went home after that.

I'm pretty excited! I'll be leaving for Europe the day after, after tomorrow. I'll be going to three countries - Germany, Switzerland and France. I'm looking forward to the two main attraction which is Mount Titlis and Jungfraujoch. The flight time super super long flight time of 14 hours will bore me to death in the plane. The plane will be touching down at Frankfurt on the first day. Then I'll proceed southward toward Switzerland where the real cold starts. The temperature may drop to a point of -30°C. I least I can do is to keep myself and my camera warm otherwise I won't enjoy and cannot take any pictures. The time difference is a wonderful 7 hours slower in Europe. I will also need some time to tune my 'timer' in my body. Hahahaha! I will be online if there's Internet connectivity in Europe and I will post more about the trip. I am returning three days before school re-opens, and it will be a great rush to prepare for school.

Btw, I'll return on the evening of the 29th of December.

Below are some tests to see if you're stressed. If you can stop the images from moving, you can control your stress. However, if you find it hard to make them stop moving, you get stressed easily.

stress4 stress3 stress2 stress1

for this post

Leave a Reply