First post of 2008

By Lenson Sim On Tuesday, January 8, 2008 At 3:41 PM

It's already been weeks since I posted.  School reopened, homework start pilling up, O levels getting nearer every second, working hard everyday, and lastly getting even older.

Secondary 4 life will surely be a full load of pressure. The remedial lessons will be starting in a few weeks time, which mean that school will end much much later. This is what I meant by more stress! Singapore's education expectation is really high and all the paper qualifications required to be a useful person in the future really pushes us beyond our limit.

It should be time to think about my aim in life already. Should I go to a college and to university then be someone who sits in an office working in front of computers everyday? Or should I go to a polytechnic where there's more to meet each individual preferences for their future career.

Be it college or a polytechnic, I will definitely choose a career path where I can experience different aspects of life and not be a sit-in-office person. The pay doesn't have to be high, as long as I enjoy what I am doing, I will be contented with it. There are two choices I that will consider. First is being a photographer where I can explore the world and see different kinds of people. The second one is being a musician where I can either do performances or start a music school. There must be a goal to work towards to so that I can concentrate on it after the Os.

School's been the same for now. Same classmates, some of the teachers changed. The major change will only be in a few weeks time when the preparation of the O levels start. I must work hard and not be like the previous years anymore. Pay more attention in class, do assignments diligently and most importantly, score very well for O levels. Work work work!

Finally, the answer for the IQ question I asked for the previous goes like this:

Question -

"One day, a man was taking a stroll along the beach alone. There was no one else on the beach, only him. He thought that it was a great day to enjoy the breeze and have a stroll all alone. Then he started walking but when he looked back behind him, he couldn't see any foot prints. Not his shoe markings either. It look as if no one ever walked on the beach. Why are there no markings? "

Answer - The man was walking backwards. He looked back and could not see any footprints because the prints were all in front of him.  Isn't it simple?

I like this video of the puppet called Achmed. You have to listen to it carefully most of the interesting parts are in the vocals.

 

Another video that'll make you laugh:

for this post

Leave a Reply