National Day Parade
By Lenson Sim On Friday, August 10, 2007 At 9:25 PM
Happy 42nd Birthday Singapore!
Went with my family to watch the fireworks. I didn't have tickets this year and went to the same restaurant at One Fullerton that we went to few months ago as my mum had booked it loooong ago. =) Reached there at 3pm, walked all the way to esplanade, take pictures of the crowd. All I can say about the place is that it just seemed like a racial stampede. There were all kinds of people were there squeezing their way around. Mostly foreigners. Singaporeans should be at home enjoying infront of their television.
On the way back to the restaurant the police blocked all entrances to One Fullerton. Had to call my mum for SOS. Then she asked the restaurant manager to ask the police to let me, my dad and brother in. Secruity so strict! Many people were so furious that they could not enter.
I took the seat which was closest to the river where they did all their boat shows. Perfect view for those who had booked the table early. Had arabian bread, lamb chop, vodka, fries, sparkling apple juice and mocktail. Ate so much because I was there from 5pm-8.30pm. Didn't take any pictures of food.
Okay.. took a total of 674 pictures, left with 161 after organising them, uploaded 22 of them. My first time taking fireworks with D80, so it didn't turn out to be all perfect.
Enjoy the photos!



















Went with my family to watch the fireworks. I didn't have tickets this year and went to the same restaurant at One Fullerton that we went to few months ago as my mum had booked it loooong ago. =) Reached there at 3pm, walked all the way to esplanade, take pictures of the crowd. All I can say about the place is that it just seemed like a racial stampede. There were all kinds of people were there squeezing their way around. Mostly foreigners. Singaporeans should be at home enjoying infront of their television.
On the way back to the restaurant the police blocked all entrances to One Fullerton. Had to call my mum for SOS. Then she asked the restaurant manager to ask the police to let me, my dad and brother in. Secruity so strict! Many people were so furious that they could not enter.
I took the seat which was closest to the river where they did all their boat shows. Perfect view for those who had booked the table early. Had arabian bread, lamb chop, vodka, fries, sparkling apple juice and mocktail. Ate so much because I was there from 5pm-8.30pm. Didn't take any pictures of food.
Okay.. took a total of 674 pictures, left with 161 after organising them, uploaded 22 of them. My first time taking fireworks with D80, so it didn't turn out to be all perfect.
Enjoy the photos!






for this post
Leave a Reply