Weekend

By Lenson Sim On Sunday, July 22, 2007 At 7:15 PM
Warning: LONG POST
I didn't post the past two days because I didn't have the time to do so. I am back early today and I am so free that I sat in front of my computer and stared at the blank wall in front of me for quite a while. =)
Okay. I shall post from friday onwards.
Friday: School day started with the racial harmony concert. Chinese orchestra, choir, modern dance and a puppet show by 1 unity, if I'm not wrong, had put up a great concert. The puppet show was interesting because the troupe performed the puppet show which made use of humour to bring the message to us about being harmonious to other races and religions. In the puppet show, there was this joke about an a girl asking a boy whether he knows what day is it today. The boy said that it was his birthday, but the girl replied and told him that it is racial harmony day. The boy thought it was (rachel how-many day). The puppeteers were great. [Racial Harmony Day]
School ended early due to the preperations for the racial harmony fair in the evening. Went home for lunch after school then went for a game of badminton with Alvin, Jude, View Meng, Kenneth, Koon Tat, Denise, Fiona, Ming Xuan and Chee Hock at the badminton hall in Kovan. Played until 3pm, went home for a while before going out to kovan again for my violin lesson. I go kovan at least thrice a week for piano lesson(tuesday), violin lesson(friday), theory lesson(saturday). Went to the racial harmony fair after my violin lesson. The place was so packed with people. I almost could move when I was inside. It's also so hot and stuffy, I wonder how those people working there withstand that kind of place. I walked for 5 minutes then went to the food court in hougang mall for a cup of drink. It is so much quieter there. I hate noisy places.
Saturday: Theory lesson in the morning. Lunch at home then took taxi with my brother to Orchard Plaza to meet my friends before going to Ngee Ann City for the motorsports carnival. It was drizziling when we were there. I had to ask my brother to hold an unbrella for me when I took pictures. It wasn't very crowded, maybe because of the rain, or maybe people wern't interested at all. There was also a mini-z car race event, and many booths selling In-Car Entaintment products. There was also this particular car which has Xbox, Wii and PSP built into the car's boot. The driver of the car must be filthy rich to own all this products with audio system, etc. Finish walking around the exhibition at about 3.30pm. Met up with my mother and took train to novena for dinner. On the way there we saw this popular selling the latest harry potter novel -- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I was so suprised when there was no queue there! Everywhere I went to like Kinokuniya, MPH and Times bookstore, there were long queues. This popular was queue-less, I went in to grab a book and purchased it. Had pepper lunch at Velocity, again. Then walked around and came across this shop and displaying on the shelf behind the glass panel was this Adidas waterbottle. I dont know if it is a new design or what, but it looks quite nice. I went in and took a look at some other waterbottles and picked the one which attracted me at first sight. Metal waterbottles last longer and won't break easily. Can be used for self-defence too!! We still had sometime before my dad come to pick us up to go to Whampoa CC for Talento V rehearsal, so had a bowl of banana split at Häagen-Dazs to fill my stomach and kill time. My cousin joined us after a while. My dad came at around 7.40 then sent us for rehearsal. We were late for about 15 minutes, Mr Foo wasn't angry at all. He just asked why were we late today? We expected him to somehow raise his voice or something. Dixon, Wanni, Mu Chen didn't come for rehearsal too. We told him they went shopping! He said he wanted to follow them too. Haha. Many people didn't turn up for the rehearsal today too. The pianist and a few violinist and cellists weren't there too. Played Sonatina Op. 49 No.2 by Beethoven only. I think this year's orchestra will have to play many pieces. We already had Music of the Night, Don't Cry for Me Agentina, Sonatina and Minuet. There's still more coming up. Rehearsal ended at 9.30pm sharp. Went home after that.
Today: Went for band practice in the morning. Many people also didn't come for practice. I don't know why but this week seems kind of peculiar. Went for lunch at McDonalds. Shopped at century square for a earpiece. Managed to get one after sourcing for 40 minutes. Attended the Piano Virtuoso led by Prof. Wei Tsin Fu and other pianists. They played many pieces throught the whole concert. I shall not name out the pieces one by one. By the time would have finished typing everything, the sun would have risen. Of course it's not true. Some pieces that were played were Liszt Campenella, Mozart Conerto KV 466 in D Minor, Beethoven Piano Concerto No.4 in G Major, Prokoieff Piano Concerto No.3 Op.26, etc. Ate beef noodle at kovan before going home.


Expensive In-Car Entaintment system.
The gaming vehicle!


My cute little cousin sister!

for this post

Leave a Reply