Radio-Controlled (RC) Car

By Lenson Sim On Monday, October 15, 2007 At 2:36 PM

Okay, I went with my brother to Stargek, a Tamiya retailer which was at Paya Lebar 178 building. My brother bought his car way before me so he was an experienced player. I bought the TT-01 chassis with sponsor from my brother =P  This is my first time doing my own RC car, and I hope this hobby would last long. The TT-01 chassis is usually meant for amateur players, and the shell is a Subaru Impreza. For those who doesn't know why is it called a shell, it is actually the cover for the chassis. Pictures are below for clearer view.

I spent about 5 hours on the the chassis alone, with about 3 hours on the irritating programming and electronics. And finally some 1 hour on the shell. I did my chassis from the afternoon till evening. I completed the chassis at about 8pm. Below are the pictures of the chassis.

DSC00123

It started off with just the black base. This is when the back differential is done.

DSC00124 

After some time..

 Untitled-1

After some more time..

DSC00126 

This is the almost to the end of the complete chassis before the electronics and the wheels.

DSC00129

This is what it looks like with the wheels. I completed this at about 10pm.

I continued with the electronics the next morning, which made me angry. The programming was so freaking hard to do. Everything was set up correctly, but then the receiver wouldn't connect to the transmitter. Okay, perseverance. I tried debugging to uncover the error. Then it worked! But the car would move forward when I pushed on throttle and the car wouldn't move when I push the reverse throttle. I had no choice but to go back to the shop to ask for assistance. The man was so kind and friendly, not only did he help me to solve the programming problem, he also helped me to tighten all my loose screws =P. I bought the heat sink for my motor at the same time. This is what it looks like with the electronics.

DSC00130 

Don't mind my messy area on the right :\

The last step~! Completing the shell. I had to mask my shell before spraying the paint otherwise my windows will be coloured. This is what it looks like from the underneath of the shell with the masks removed.

DSC00131 

After drying I pasted some stickers onto it and fixing the lights. It's done!

DSC_2963

DSC_2957

I'll try recording some videos of the car running and post it.

for this post

Leave a Reply