Early bird gets the worm

By Lenson Sim On Sunday, October 7, 2007 At 3:52 PM

I've just realised that I haven't been blogging since Tuesday. The exams have already started and will only end next Thursday. Chinese and Social Studies are over which means that I have two subjects less to worry about now.

Chinese paper was quite okay. I could do papers one and three. Paper two was quite difficult, especially the fourth comprehension passage. Exam just paused for a day for unknown reasons, so we had school as usual on Thursday and exam resumed on Friday. It's kind of weird this time. Was that extra day meant for students to have last minute Q and A sessions with our teachers? English paper one was good, wasn't as stuck as the Chinese paper. Wrote about challenges and how should be overcome challenges and not let challenges overcome us. I could do the social studies paper too, chose the question on maintaining the ethnic bonds in Singapore.

Hmm, by now you should have noticed of the change in my blog layout, unless this is your first time visiting my blog. Spent some time yesterday on changing it and doing revision at home. It's the first time I've used image as a button. You should be able to see it if you are using a firefox browser. I wonder why it doesn't work with IE 7.

My block was like a drilling frenzy the whole day. There were some maintenance work going on with the flooring at the ground floor, with an additional house renovation of the unit above mine. And the drilling goes on and on until dusk. Nice arrangement the town council had for the residents.

I was supposed to go for my concert rehearsal but I went to the Red Dot Design Museum instead. Inside are all works by designers and artists. It was formally a police HQ, if I am not wrong, but as soon as it shifted location it became a museum. It will be opened for exhibition every first weekend of a month. Those interested in arts or designs should take some time off to visit the museum. Went for dinner later in the evening at a Chinese restaurant.

Woke up super early today to go to East Coast Park for the National Karting Race, which starts at 9am =P. I woke up at 5.30am, left house at about 6.15. But its rewarding to see the sun rising (: It's like the early bird getting the worm. The karting was nice and it makes me feel like taking part in next year's competition. Enjoy the pictures!

P.S. Pay attention to the white cat (=

DSC_2701

DSC_2753

DSC_2724 DSC_2755

DSC_0067

DSC_0020 DSC_0025

DSC_0122

DSC_0048 DSC_0149

DSC_0137

DSC_0078 DSC_2893

DSC_0168

DSC_2922

DSC_0124

DSC_0127 DSC_0107

DSC_2861

DSC_2886

DSC_2805

DSC_2840

DSC_2779

for this post

Leave a Reply