Updateeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

By Lenson Sim On Friday, January 2, 2009 At 4:48 PM

There's like weeks of blogging not done. NO TIME! ):

I've got some time now and shall update a little.

I shall start with the last day of 2008 - Countdown! :D Yeah, met Ryan and Stephen first then took train down to Raffles Place. Walked around and scouted for a good spot to take fireworks. We ended up in a spot near The Sail @ Marina which has a very nice view of the marina bay area.

Untitled-1

The aerial view of the place taken from google earth. Not an updated version though, that's why I needed to draw in the floating platform, in white. xD  And circled the fireworks area. The place we were at are the red dots the yellow box.

So after finding a good spot we went to Lao Pa Sat for dinner. Then went to buy some food and drinks before we started camping there. We reached around 6.30pm I think and waited all the way till midnight. Did lots of things like playing cards, chatting, eating, drinking beer (root) and of course taking photos. Soon many other photographers came and took their places. Many brought mats/ chairs or trashbags to sit on while the three of us had none -.- But one kind soul gave us trashbags! Then we lay down and star gaze at the starless sky.  Lol. :O

After some time Ryan said he wanted to call some people to join us. So we started calling people like around 9 plus. I expected nobody to come at such a last minute timing but in the end Malvina and Ling Tong came. :D So the five of us watch the fireworks together. When it came nearer to midnight everybody was like screaming like crazy while the photographers were nervously/excitedly preparing their cameras and putting their fingers on the shutter buttons. Once it struck 12, the whole sky was lighted and the photographers starting spamming. :D

Pictures.

DSC_6043

DSC_6103

DSC_6105

Only these two out of more than a hundred were nice. :)

Then the not so nice ones.. either too plain or too crowded.

DSC_6112

DSC_6125

DSC_6233

Followed by the totally cannot-make-it pictures.. TOO MUCH SMOKE AND FIREWORKS! -.-

DSC_6259

DSC_6263

DSC_6264

This was the finale luh, that's why there was such a huge amount of fireworks being released at one time. Which turn out like this. And the smoke created a 'smoke-screen' on the IR construction site.

DSC_6268

We left around 1 plus and walked to Lao Pa Sat and waited for Stephen's dad to send us home. :D

That's all for new year's eve. And I cannot really remember anything much before that! :X My memory's failing.

Oh! Maybe it's because I have no more wisdom. Lol. My wisdom teeth are out. About 1 week plus ago but still hurting now because one of the stitches broke. -.- I got it extracted one day before my family's chalet and the dentist told me to go on soft food. But I done the opposite and ate lots of hard and junk food during chalet. :O Maybe that's why it broke. So there's a hole at the back of my mouth now which means that every thing I eat will get stucked in there which causes pain. Ouch.

And a picture of my teeth! Skip this section if you don't like blood. :P

DSC_4974

Ain't that gross right? I took a picture of it when I reached home. The broken one is from my right side. My dad bleached it after that so it's white and clean now.

The stitches will be out tomorrow. :D

I'll stop here for now, leaving soon. Continue on the rest another time!

for this post

Leave a Reply