Teachers

By Lenson Sim On Thursday, September 6, 2007 At 2:39 PM
Sometimes I really wonder what are teachers there for. To guide us as a good mentor? To be there when we need to ask something? Or to be there as a person who calls students stupid and scolds us rather then telling us nicely?
Had chinese and maths lesson from 7.45am to 1pm today. Its just like any ordinary curriculum time, but with only two subjects. Furthermore, looking at these two teachers for 6.5 hours made my eye sore and itchy. Mdm Png wasn't too bad, but she said, "只有笨学生来学校抄答案 (Only stupid students come to school and copy answers)." I have never seen any teacher calling any students stupid before, and this is my first time hearing that. She thinks that we are stupid and don't know how to do the questions. It's maybe we do not have and ability to answer them because we are weak in the subject, or we are just lazy. And my geography teacher one said 'People are not stupid, only people do stupid things.' If only he had said it to my chinese teacher. I was bored and noticed her big, fat, green coloured bag. Then I thought to myself, how her bag resembles its owner. She also holds us back for about 30 minutes! Her lesson was supposed to end at 9.30 but it got extended till 10am.
Then I went with Malvin and Chun Wee for a good meal after 2 hours of chinese, chinese, chinese. Ate wonton mee and Malvin asked me to put dark chocolate and skittles into his soup. He dared me to drink it after the new mix of dark chocolate and skittles with the soup. It tasted like urine? Sweet dark chocolate? I don't know.

Look at the difference between the Original and the new Mix. So cool! Then we were late for maths lesson. Mrs Lo told us to stand infront of the classroom. She kind of like lectured the whole class for 20 minutes, saying stuff like: 'Why be late and make me scold all of you? I want to continue my lesson as usual.' She might as well don't scold us, just teach as usual. It was she who started the scolding. LoSK, next time think before you say anything okay? She talked about punctuality and told us to be punctual in future. If only she had told this to my chinese teacher. Then those who were late were told to stand at the back of the class. Stood for a solid TWO AND A HALF HOURS! She has no heart, really. She thinks we like standing and said, "From the looks of some of you, I can tell you like standing and feel honourable when you stand." She is so different now compared to what she was when she taught me two years ago. Took my report book after lesson then went home straight.

for this post

Leave a Reply